Landing pages can advantage your business in multiple ways:
- Shorten the conversion path.
- Give a brief but comprehensive presentation of the product.
- Turn leads into real customers.
At this point, it looks like a landing page itself can generate growth for any business, but that’s not always the case. Look at the statistics:
- Putting multiple offers on your landing page can decrease conversions by up to 266%.
- A one-second delay in page loading reduces conversions by 7%.
When it comes to landing page development for a fintech product, there are some surefire tips that can help you turn your landing page into a sales machine and make the most out of it. Read on to learn what makes a good fintech product page and what peculiarities to consider prior to the page development.
Why Your Landing Page Doesn’t Convert?
If you already have a fintech landing page and are frustrated with its CR, is time to check what went wrong.
• Unintuitive Design. It doesn’t allow viewers to focus on the page’s offer, stop them from passing the conversion path, and distract them from carrying out the intended action. If you’re in doubt whether your page is intuitive and user-friendly, consider a website redesign.
• Unclear Headlines. The headline is the first thing people see on your page, and once they see it, you’ve got less than five seconds to make them stay on your page. For this, make your headline clear and concise and tell exactly what your page is about. And make sure to show how your users can benefit directly from your fintech product in absolute terms. If your deposit brings $400 per year for every $10.000 invested, that’s what you should focus on when articulating the headlines.
• Too Much Text. On a landing page, people aren’t going to read everything you write. If there is too much text on your page, rewrite it shortly and succinctly yet comprehensively to make sure your visitors understand what your offer is about.
• Unrecognizable CTA. Your CTA has to be clear and encourage visitors to click on it. Check if your button is easily discoverable and test the text on it until you find the perfect option.
• Distractions from the Primary Offer. Multiple or unclear offers distract viewers and negatively affect conversion. Make sure your primary offer is valuable for users and, no less important, is clear and understandable.
Fintech Landing Page Best Practices
Carefully Consider Design
To make your fintech product inspiring trust among potential users, its design should be carefully considered. The same applies to the product landing page. Make it look strict, high-class, and instilling confidence.
Make Clear What You Offer
If page viewers don’t understand the value of your offer, they won’t become your customers. Make sure your offer is compelling and clear. And keep in mind the visitors’ real needs and goals while formulating the offer: people don’t want a tricked-out e-wallet, but they want an easy and safe way to make daily payments and manage their finances.
Use Straightforward CTA
Use verbs in your CTA to help people quickly grasp the meaning of your offer and prompt them to take the intended action. Well-crafted CTAs ultimately raise the conversion rates and help to drive your business.
Statistic says that 15% of customers don’t trust businesses without any reviews and that user-generated content can improve your CR by 161%. Use this opportunity to boost sales by encouraging your customers to share their reviews. Adding a little social proof will surely pay off.
Straightforward Contact Form
Your page should include a straightforward contact form to capture viewers’ details. You can make it immediately visible to the visitor when they come to the page or place it after your written copy which is supposed to persuade visitors to fill in the form.
The contact form must contain the least number of fields possible – the visitor’s email or phone number and the submit button are usually enough. Long and complex contact forms frustrate visitors and push them away.
Add Contact Info
For a fintech product, clients’ trust is vital, but it can not be built if people know absolutely nothing about you. Meanwhile, staying in touch with your clients, both potential and existing ones, is a great source of inspiration, since they can provide you with lots of insights. Missing this opportunity is the worst thing you can do for your business so make sure to place your contact info on the landing page.
The content you put on your page needs to be conversion-centric and marketing-friendly. Use short, to-the-point wording appealing to your target audience to convince them that your product is worth their attention. Explain to your users how your product can benefit them, but try to avoid using big words and showing off. Instead, use figures, e.g:
- We’ve been on the market for over 14 years;
- 2 million people have already entrusted their finances to our solution;
- Over the past year, 2 million users had earned $73 million with the help of our product, etc.
And remember that using videos on the page can improve conversions by 86% as video content is more engaging than plain text. So make sure to add your product’s demo video if you’ve got one.
Good Linking Strategy
The goal of the page is to funnel viewers down the desired pathway. Thus, the page should have convenient navigation through blocks and should not contain links to external resources as they serve as a point of departure from the funnel distracting visitors from the goal of the page. The best practice is to incorporate two clickable links: call-to-action button and more-information-link for those viewers who are undecided.
Target on a Specific Customer Segment
Your target audience defines the page’s design and tone of voice. Design targeted pages for specific segments to make a convincing argument for potential customers to convert. To better understand your customers and learn how to serve their needs with your product, you can create a persona for each segment.
Optimize for SEO
SEO will make your landing pages rank higher in search engine results and ensure you reach your target audience, achieve the highest possible conversion rate from the visitors, lower the customer acquisition costs, and maximize the value of your ad spend.
Use A/B Testing
The surefire way to learn what performs best for your page is to run A/B tests. The point here is to have an A page, which is the control one, and a B page, which is the test, and to let your customers show you which one is more efficient. By the way, testing and tweaking different elements can also result in whooping CR improvement.
Peculiarities of Fintech Product Landing Page Development
To craft a conversion-driving fintech landing page you should consider some key points.
Proper Development Technology
A landing page can be coded from scratch in HTML or built using a content management system (CMS) like WordPress. Depending on your needs and the current status of the product, you can pick different options for developing a cost-efficient landing page:
- If you already have a website built on a CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.) it would be smart to use it for setting up landing pages.
An efficient one-page website starts with an intuitive design that directs visitors’ attention to tasks that are important and focuses on their experience. Landing page design best practices are:
- visual simplicity
- smart use of whitespace
- visual continuity with the main product
- clear capture form or call-to-action button
- mobile responsiveness.
Optimized for Multiple Device Formats
In the first quarter of 2021, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 54.8% of global website traffic yet only half of the landing pages are optimized for mobile devices. Mobile responsiveness is vital if you want your page to convert so you should optimize your site to be functional and visually appealing on multiple devices of different sizes.
Wrapping It All Up
Since landing pages are established to bring new leads to your business, they demand utmost attention. Take into account the above-mentioned points, test and tweak your page, and benefit from the increased conversion rates.
Need fintech landing page design and development services? Entrust it to Itexus experts. Drop us a line to learn how we can help your fintech products benefit from a landing page.